[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 01.10.2019
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Oct 2 07:57:48 CEST 2019
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 1st October 2019
Qt 5.14 status:
- Alpha released last week
- API review still ongoing, see https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-77839
* Deadline for API review this week EOB
- Beta1 preparations started, no known beta1 blockers
--> let's move to beta phase now to catch the release schedule
- Beta1 will be based on next qt5.git integration. Target is to get beta1 out at the end of this week or beginning of next one
- Preparations for the release to be started later this week
* Soft branching from '5.13' -> '5.13.2' will start Friday 4th October
* Final downmerge from '5.13' -> '5.13.2' will happen Friday 11th October
- Target is to get the release out 17th October
Next meeting Tue 8th October 2019 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:58] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:01:02] <carewolf> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:28] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:33] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:40] <jaheikki3> on agenda today:
[17:02:50] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.14 status
[17:02:56] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.13.2 status
[17:03:03] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:19] <carewolf> status of dev branch?
[17:03:59] <frkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:04:12] <jaheikki3> carewolf: I don't have any info about that atm, sorry. Something special on your mind?
[17:04:39] <carewolf> I was just wondering if it was building, switched to cmake, etc
[17:04:52] <carewolf> but I can ask around here, no need to do it here :)
[17:05:00] <jaheikki3> carewolf: Ok, great
[17:05:46] <jaheikki3> carewolf: maybe you could as someone to post status update in dev ml? maybe Simon could do that?
[17:06:02] <jaheikki3> But let's start from 5.14 status
[17:06:19] <jaheikki3> Alpha released last week
[17:06:39] <jaheikki3> API review still ongoing, see https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-77839
[17:06:58] <jaheikki3> Deadline for API reviews is this week EOB
[17:07:43] <jaheikki3> Beta1 preparations started & no known beta1 blockers left
[17:07:57] <jaheikki3> -> let's move to beta phase now to catch the release schedule
[17:09:01] <jaheikki3> So let's create beta1 packages from next qt5.git integration & try to release beta1 at the end of this week or beginning of next one
[17:09:26] <jaheikki3> That's pretty much all about 5.14 at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:12:04] <akseli> silence means consent ;)
[17:12:15] <jaheikki3> Ok, then quick update for Qt 5.13.2:
[17:12:28] <jaheikki3> Preparations for the release to be started later this week
[17:12:38] <jaheikki3> Soft branching from '5.13' -> '5.13.2' will start Friday 4th October
[17:12:55] <jaheikki3> And final downmerge from '5.13' -> '5.13.2' will happen Friday 11th October
[17:13:16] <jaheikki3> As usual release team will create initial changes files after soft branching
[17:13:45] <jaheikki3> Target is to get the release out 17th October
[17:14:15] <jaheikki3> That's all about 5.13.2. Any comments or questions?
[17:16:46] <jaheikki3> Ok, it was all at this time. Let's end this meeting now & have new one Tue 8th October at this same time as planned.
[17:16:46] <akseli> sounds good
[17:16:59] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:18:35] <frkleint> bye
More information about the Releasing