[Releasing] HEADS-UP: Qt 5.15 Feature Freeze is in effect now

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Tue Feb 4 16:02:41 CET 2020

Jani Heikkinen (3 February 2020 06:35)
> API review for Qt 5.15 will start soon as well.

Twelve modules have (non-boring) changes to API-defining C++ headers
between v5.14.0 and the current 5.15 branch:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/289203
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtsvg/+/289204
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtdeclarative/+/289205
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtmultimedia/+/289206
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qttools/+/289207
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtlocation/+/289208
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtconnectivity/+/289209
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtwayland/+/289210
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qt3d/+/289211
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtwebengine/+/289212
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtremoteobjects/+/289213
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtquick3d/+/289214

If anyone is making further changes to API (e.g. deprecations, late
arrivals granted special dispensation) after this, please be sure to
comment on the review, indicating what's going to change.  Ideally
comment on the relevant line of a header, if the header is already in
the review.  That way I'll know to watch for your late changes and
update the reviews when they land.  Please get those done promptly.

The task for oversight of this API change review is QTBUG-81853.  Please
use that as Task-number: footer in any reviews that fix issues raised in
review, or file a bug for any issues you raise and don't simply fix
yourself.  Such bugs should block QTBUG-81853 and be mentioned in Fixes:
footers of the reviews that sort them out.

As Jani said,
> Please do reviews immediately when available.

There are two new types of change considered boring:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtqa/+/289176
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtqa/+/289219

	Eddy.