[Releasing] [Development] HEADS-UP: Qt 5.15 Feature Freeze is in effect now

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Feb 5 06:36:39 CET 2020

Hi!

Yeah, for me this seems to be quite low risky addition as well. Only concern is that we need to delay the Alpha release because of this late addition. We have Alpha content in place already now and at least in theory we should delay it until all new features are in... So adding 2 weeks delay to there doesn't sound that nice to me at this point.; delays are usually causing problems & unnecessary hassle later phases of releasing :( And taking this in between Alpha and beta doesn't sound that well to me either; what is the purpose of Alpha if there isn't all known features in...

Why this is so important that we should get the exception & go in after FF?

br,
Jani