[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 17.3.2020
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Mar 18 11:19:09 CET 2020
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 17th March 2020
Qt 5.15 status:
- Beta2 delayed but content should be finally in place now
* Packaging ongoing, target is to release beta2 later this week
- API review is still ongoing, hoping that can be finalized quite soon
- We should have release content almost in in place now
* Last changes file is integrating.
* Maybe a fix for QTCREATORBUG-23693
* Then Qt5.git integration, package creation & RTA
- Target is to release those packages as Qt 5.14.2 later this week if nothing serious found
- Branching from '5.12' to '5.12.8' started, final downmerge will happen Mon 23rd March
- Creating changes files ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/owner:antti.kokko%2540qt.io+branch:5.12.8+status:open
- Target is to get the release out 31st March
Next meeting tue 24th March 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:40] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:00:49] <lars> pong
[17:00:54] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:09] <frkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:11] <carewolf> pong
[17:01:41] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:52] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:01:57] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.15 status
[17:02:01] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.14.2 status
[17:02:06] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.12.8 status
[17:02:14] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:37] <jaheikki3> Let's start from Qt 5.15 status
[17:04:21] <jaheikki3> unfortunately beta2 isn't released yet
[17:04:32] <thiago> what's the delay?
[17:05:08] <jaheikki3> There were couple of issues preventing us to do packages and b2Qt builds
[17:05:29] <jaheikki3> But those should be fixed now & beta2 content should be finally in place now
[17:05:58] <jaheikki3> Packaging is ongoing
[17:06:14] <jaheikki3> And target is to release beta2 later this week
[17:06:47] <jaheikki3> API review seems to be still ongoing, hoping that can be finalized quite soon...
[17:07:10] <jaheikki3> That's pretty much all about Qt 5.15 at this time. Any other comments or questions?
[17:08:04] <lars> jaheikki3: regarding API review: Most modules are good, but qtbase has still quite a lot of unresolved comments.
[17:08:37] <lars> I've worked through half of them today, will see that I help with the rest tomorrow.
[17:09:05] <frkleint> lars: and there is still this QtHelp lib thinbg Jarek is working on...but Karsten H is basically the only person who can tell if that makes sense
[17:09:37] <lars> frkleint: it looks sensible to me, but I'm not an expert on the code.
[17:09:47] <jaheikki3> Yeah. And there is still some things open in those plugins.qmltypes updates as well
[17:10:02] <lars> yes, maybe we could ask ulf to help with those
[17:10:05] <frkleint> lars: my only nag is that a documentsForSth API gives you a list of QHelpLink
[17:10:11] <frkleint> that sounds odd
[17:10:33] <frkleint> I would just have left it as is and changed the return type to QMultiMap in 6..
[17:10:35] <frkleint> anyways
[17:11:38] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.14.2 status:
[17:11:47] <lars> frkleint: That would have been an option, but I do agree with Jarek that a list seems to be more sensible
[17:12:44] <jaheikki3> We should have Qt 5.14.2 release content almost in place now
[17:12:54] <jaheikki3> Last changes file is integrating
[17:13:21] <annulen> jaheikki3: what about merge 5.12 -> 5.14?
[17:13:39] <jaheikki3> annulen: that won't happen; 5.12 is in cherrypick mode
[17:14:09] <jaheikki3> But there is still one issue open which might need a fix in qt side: QTCREATORBUG-23693
[17:14:10] <annulen> then from where did https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/282506 come?
[17:15:19] <annulen> I suspect that particular change for regression on MSVC, breaking valid cmake projects, but it seems to be missing in other branches
[17:15:50] <frkleint> uah. did someone violate the policy?
[17:16:01] <jaheikki3> It seems
[17:16:09] <frkleint> anyways, it should just be (re)submitted to a currentz branch
[17:16:23] <annulen> ah, sorry: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/288376
[17:16:32] <annulen> but regression doesn't occur in 5.14 branch
[17:16:43] <frkleint> ok, if it is really 5.12 only
[17:17:11] <thiago> just write it in the commit message
[17:18:36] <frkleint> ok, anyways, 5.14.2 is rolling I understand
[17:19:27] <jaheikki3> Yeah. maybe a fix for QTCREATORBUG-23693; Eskil promised to check that tomorrow
[17:19:45] <jaheikki3> Then creating release packages, run RTA & put the release out
[17:20:03] <jaheikki3> Target is still to release Qt 5.14.2 during this week
[17:20:13] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:22:19] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.12.8 status:
[17:22:28] <jaheikki3> Branching from '5.12' to '5.12.8' started
[17:22:39] <jaheikki3> final downmerge will happen Mon 23rd March
[17:22:51] <jaheikki3> Creating changes files ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/owner:antti.kokko%2540qt.io+branch:5.12.8+status:open
[17:23:01] <jaheikki3> Target is to get the release out 31st March
[17:23:38] <jaheikki3> annulen: is there a bug report about the regression you mentioned earlier?
[17:24:22] <jaheikki3> Just wondering if that should be added to Qt 5.12.8 blocker list...
[17:24:48] <jaheikki3> That's all about 5.12.8 status at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:27:25] <thiago> not from me
[17:27:55] <frkleint> me neither
[17:28:07] <jaheikki3> Ok, I think it was all at this time. Let's end meeting now & have new one tue 24th March at this same time
[17:28:17] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye
[17:28:25] <thiago> bye
[17:28:27] <thiago> and be safe
[17:28:31] <frkleint> bye
[17:31:27] <annulen> jaheikki3: I have it as https://github.com/qtwebkit/qtwebkit/issues/936, will check with 5.12.8 and create proper report if still broken
[17:46:06] <annulen> jaheikki3: ok, it was https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-81715
[17:46:12] <annulen> sorry for the noise
More information about the Releasing