[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 24.11.2020

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Nov 24 16:39:43 CET 2020

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 24th November 2020

Qt 6.0.0 status:
- Branching ready.
- RC content in place. RC will be released Wed 25th November
   * Most probably RC2 is needed as well
       ** If needed it will be released ~at the beginning of next week
- Target is to release Qt 6.0.0 Tue 8th December

Next meeting Tue 1st December 2020 16:00 CET

Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager

irc log below:
[17:00:29] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:00:38] <carewolf> pong
[17:01:00] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:49] <frkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:30] <jaheikki3>  Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:35] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:39] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.0.0 status
[17:02:51] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:04:14] <jaheikki3> Ok, Qt 6.0.0 status:
[17:04:44] <jaheikki3> Branching from dev to 6.0 and 6.0.0 done
[17:05:14] <jaheikki3> RC content should be in place
[17:05:26] <jaheikki3> Target is to release RC tomorrow
[17:06:05] <carewolf> how is it looking with blockers?
[17:06:16] <jaheikki3> We knoe few mandatory changes will be misisng from it but we will take those in the final or release additional RC later
[17:06:58] <jaheikki3> Almost all blockers should have a fix in RC; only those CBor ones won't have
[17:07:45] <jaheikki3> And target is to get Qt 6.0.0 final release out tue 8th December
[17:08:24] <jaheikki3> that's all about Qt 6.0.0 status and plans. Any comments or questions?
[17:08:32] <thiago> is that enough time for feedback?
[17:09:08] <jaheikki3> 2 weeks is normal time between RC(1) and final and it should be enough at this time as well
[17:10:07] <frkleint> I kicked the Linguist folks into fixing lupdate lately, we could have some translations in a few weeks. But I don't suppose this is for 6.0.0
[17:10:19] <carewolf> We will have to see what the feedback is
[17:10:31] <carewolf> when is RC2 scheduled for?
[17:11:02] <jaheikki3> It will be sure that some issues won't be reported early enough to be fixed for Qt 6.0.0 but let's then do quick patch releases instead of delaying the .0 release
[17:11:38] <thiago> I imagine one week after tomorrow, if rc1 is tomorrow
[17:12:01] <jaheikki3> carewolf: yeah, at the beginning of next week 
[17:12:07] <carewolf> right
[17:12:15] <jaheikki3> If that is needed (which is most probably the case)
[17:12:27] <carewolf> well at least for the last blocker fixes
[17:12:34] <jaheikki3> true
[17:14:40] <carewolf> btw, I think you can stop pinging fregl for this meeting since he left the company and isn't working on qt anymore AFAIK
[17:15:06] <jaheikki3> Yes, true :D
[17:15:27] <jaheikki3> Ok, it was all at this time. Let's end this meeting now & have new meeting tue 1st december at this same time
[17:15:36] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:15:55] <carewolf> bye
[17:16:39] <thiago> bye

More information about the Releasing mailing list