[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 05.01.2021
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Thu Jan 7 08:08:49 CET 2021
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 5th January 2021
Qt 6.0.1 status:
- First snapshot done and it will be published later this week
- Target is to freeze release content at the beginning of next week and release Qt 6.0.1 Thu 14th January 2020
* Release blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=22766
* Release will be done directly from '6.0' branch
** Changes files will be replaced with one release note in separate repository, see https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2020-December/040717.html
Qt 6.1 Status:
- Target is to create first snapshot as soon as possible
* Regular, automated updates will be enabled immediately after first one is out
- Feature Freeze will be in effect at the end of January, see schedule from https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_6.1_Release
* Please make sure all new modules are in the packages well before FF
Next meeting Tue 12th January 2021 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:38] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: ablasche: ping
[17:02:28] <carewolf> pong
[17:02:33] <frkleint> pong
[17:02:45] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:52] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:56] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.0.1 status
[17:03:00] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.1 status
[17:03:08] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:16] <carewolf> 5.15.3 schedule?
[17:04:07] <carewolf> or are we waiting to see thing stabilize from the LTS switch first?
[17:05:11] <jaheikki3> carewolf: yes, that can be checked & agreed a bit later
[17:06:14] <jaheikki3> Let's start from Qt 6.0.1 status
[17:06:29] <jaheikki3> First snapshot done and will be published later this week
[17:06:48] <jaheikki3> Target is to freeze release content at the beginning of next week and release Qt 6.0.1 Thu 14th January 2020
[17:06:57] <jaheikki3> Release blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=22766
[17:07:20] <jaheikki3> Only 2 issues open anymore
[17:07:31] <frkleint> is Android even supported? ;-0
[17:07:47] <jaheikki3> frkleint: :D
[17:08:16] <jaheikki3> Plan is to do the release directly from '6.0' branch
[17:09:18] <jaheikki3> And no more separate submodule specific changes files but only one relase note in separate release notes repo, see more from thread https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2020-December/040717.html
[17:10:31] <jaheikki3> With 6.0.1 schedule that proposal won't be fully implemented but let's start and improve the release note content and process in later releases
[17:11:11] <jaheikki3> That's pretty much all about 6.0.1 status and plan at this time. Any more comments or questions?
[17:12:38] <jaheikki3> Then Qt 6.1 status
[17:13:09] <jaheikki3> Target is to create first snapshot as soon as possible; let's see if we can get it done at the end of this week already
[17:13:56] <frkleint> crmaurei: ^^^^^
[17:13:56] <jaheikki3> When it is out we will turn on automation to produce new snapshot after every successfully qt5.git integration in dev
[17:14:31] <jaheikki3> As informed earlier Feature Freeze will be in effect at the end of January, see schedule from https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_6.1_Release
[17:14:50] <jaheikki3> So not that much time anymore to implement new features or modules for Qt 6.1
[17:15:44] <jaheikki3> So please inform release team immediately about all new modules for Qt 6.1; We need to get all those in the packages well before feature freeze
[17:16:10] <carewolf> I assume websocket and webchannel will be packaged?
[17:16:11] <jaheikki3> That's all about 6.1 at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:16:13] <carewolf> they should be ready
[17:17:03] <jaheikki3> carewolf: will those be part of binary delivery or additional library delivery? I quess the latter...
[17:17:20] <carewolf> not sure. Just told to make sure they were ready :)
[17:17:45] <carewolf> probably better as addons, but that is assuming we have that formalized
[17:18:17] <jaheikki3> Ok
[17:19:36] <jaheikki3> Ok, it was all at this time. Let's end the meeting now & have new one tue 12th January at this same time
[17:19:44] <carewolf> ok
[17:19:49] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!
More information about the Releasing