[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 07.09.2021
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Sep 7 16:19:51 CEST 2021
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 7th September 2021
Qt 6.2 status:
- Beta4 delayed, target is to release Qt 6.2.0 Beta4 later this week
- Branching from '6.2' to '6.2.0' not done yet. Target is to do it Wed 8th September
- RC target is still 14th September
* RC blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=23260
* We need to close all RC blockers by the end of this week to be able to keep the schedule.
Next meeting tue 14th August 2021 16:00 CET in libera.chat #qt-releases
irc log below:
[17:00:35] <jaheikki3> > akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: ablasche: ping
[17:00:47] <frkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:51] <carewolf> pong
[17:01:03] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:36] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:49] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:53] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.2 status
[17:03:00] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:04:14] <jaheikki3> Ok, Qt 6.2 status:
[17:04:50] <jaheikki3> Unfortunatel releasing beta4 is delayed
[17:05:07] <jaheikki3> Content is already frozen and packaging is ongoing
[17:05:28] <jaheikki3> target is to release Qt 6.2.0 Beta4 later this week
[17:05:50] <jaheikki3> Branching from '6.2' to '6.2.0' not done yet
[17:06:33] <jaheikki3> There were issues which prevented us to do full submodule update round and I wanted to get that fixed before do the branching
[17:06:48] <jaheikki3> Fix shoiuld be now in and dependency update round ongoing
[17:07:05] <carewolf> so it is just technical in relation to the bots?
[17:07:52] <jaheikki3> There were real code issue which is fixed
[17:09:22] <jaheikki3> If the dependency update round succeed I'll do the branching tomorrow morning; at that time there should be quite few integrations ongoing
[17:09:55] <jaheikki3> RC target is still 14th September
[17:10:13] <jaheikki3> RC blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=23260
[17:10:47] <jaheikki3> 12 issues open at the moment but only 6 without a fix proposal
[17:11:03] <jaheikki3> We need to close all RC blockers by the end of this week to be able to keep the RC schedule
[17:11:26] <jaheikki3> It was pretty much all at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:13:43] <jaheikki3> ok, let's end this meeting now & have new one tue 14th September at this same time
[17:13:54] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:15:37] <frkleint> wondering if Conan is coming along, will this have any impact?
[17:15:40] <frkleint> anyways
[17:17:24] <jaheikki3> frkleint: No, it doesn't. Plan is to make Qt 6.2.0/Qt 6.2.x available via conan at some point but we won't officially release Qt 6.2.0 via conan yet
[17:17:37] <frkleint> aha, ok, thanks
[17:17:51] <frkleint> bye
More information about the Releasing