[Releasing] Qt 6.2.0 RC released

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Fri Sep 17 10:12:52 CEST 2021

Hi,

We have gotten a lot of valuable feedback on the Qt 6.2 pre-releases and the RC looks very solid. There are always some things to fix, and now it is crucially important to get all feedback quickly to the release team.

There is time to fix issues before the Qt 6.2.0 final, but that requires that the work is done soon. So please take a look into the RC and provide feedback as soon as possible.

We have quite a lot of dependencies for the Qt 6.2 release so after a fix is done, we do need a few days at least to make all the packages. There are also some marketing activities coming with Qt 6.2, so it is important to get it out the week after next as planned.

We will also make regular patch releases and there are already some fixes in the 6.2 branch targeted to Qt 6.2.1. So in case the issue is not mandatory to fix immediately, target fixes to the next patch release. The low-risk issues like documentation and examples, we can more easily take into Qt 6.2.0 – as long as these are done early enough.

Yours,

                Tuukka