[Web] DevDays 2012 videos - upload to qt-project.org?

Samu Voutilainen smar at smar.fi
Sat Dec 15 05:55:00 CET 2012

On Friday 14 December 2012 10:48:11 André Somers wrote:
> Op 14-12-2012 10:39, Koehne Kai schreef:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The DevDays 2012 videos (Berlin) are online since a few days:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLizsthdRd0YzYe5T3Txgg7TUGVi-ijq4d
> >
> > would be great if they also show up under
> > http://qt-project.org/videos#c-98 :)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Kai
>
> First of all: yeah! for the video's being online in the first place. And
> yes, I do agree that they need to be online on the web page.
>
> André

I’ll +1 this too.

I wonder if there is service equal to imgur that could be looked at if it
should be used instead of hosting itself?

What I/we looked imgur at last meeting, it does look pretty useful for
purposes.

For interest, here’s link to imgur’s API: http://api.imgur.com
and pricing for commercial usage: https://www.mashape.com/imgur/apiv3/pricing

I think Qt project qualifies for ”heavy free usage” conditions, but what I
look from this pricing page, it doesn’t look too expensive me, if that’s
needed.

Although it depends of hits what are coming in though, but self-hosting is not
exactly without costs either.

If it goes that videos are going to be self-hosted, maybe it’s a reason to
self-host images too? Those don’t weigh in comparison of videos much, in terms
of size or bandwidth required anyway.