[Web] Suggestion to include info about dependencies on Qt download page

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Thu Feb 28 12:14:03 CET 2013

I guess libicu, libxcb should be there on most systems by default, as well an OpenGL driver. It really depends on the distribution/version that you're trying :) But AFAIK one can install Qt on a stock Ubuntu 11.0 without any additional dependencies except for the build-essentials.

Other distributions might need something - but since it's usually very specific to the distribution I think this should be added when one bumps into it.

If there's something people run often into we can also add  a check to the installer, and show a warning if e.g. g++ isn't found in the PATH.

Regards

Kai