[Web] What are we going to do about our forum spammer?

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 08:49:46 CET 2014

On 5 December 2014 at 08:38, Kojo Tero <tero.kojo at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
>> > Yes, that is the problem, Expression engine isn't really up to date with
>> these things. Can't do first post screening or many other practical things that
>> would make sense.
>> >
>> > We are moving to more modern platforms, but it's been a lot of work
>> getting everything going, and the forums will move somewhere in January-
>> February.

OK, that is really good! We'll continue banning this guy until the
move to qt.io is done. Hopefully the new platform will work better in
this regard.

>> > P.S. Added p3c0 and Chris Kawa as admins. Other names are also welcome.
>> Did you discuss them with them before doing that?
>
> Good point, I went the wrong way round, added rights and sent an opt-out mail.
> Need to change that order.

Well, yes, I've only given some example names of people who are very
active on the forum and seem to be good members of the community. I
have not asked them about this. But, I guess there's no harm done, and
we've both learnt a lesson :-)