[Web] [Development] Qt 5.2.0 and Qt 5.1.1 are missing from the archives

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:33:42 CET 2014

On 9 February 2014 00:13, Turunen Tuukka <Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com> wrote:

> Idea is that old stuff is in the Archive, so that it is easier to found the right thing for those looking recently released packages. Surely this could be arranged in some other way as well.

The current problem is, users who visit the official downloads page
(http://qt-project.org/downloads) are given no way to get Qt 5.1.1 or
5.2.0. It says "all older versions of Qt are available in
[http://download.qt-project.org/archive/]", which is incomplete. This
incomplete page should be updated, at the very least.

Would the official downloads page be sufficient for "those looking
recently released packages"? If I want a version that's not the latest
release, the first place I'd check is the archive.

Also, there are no links to
http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/ from the Qt
Project website, AFAICS. How do users find it?

What do you think of this arrangement?:
- When a packages are released, put them straight in the archive
- Make http://qt-project.org/downloads a simple front-end that points
to the latest packages in the archive
- Then, no extra maintenance is required when the next release comes
- (To preserve any existing links, redirect requests for
http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/ to
http://download.qt-project.org/archive/)

Regards,
Sze-Howe