[Web] Influx of spam in the forum

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Thu Mar 20 09:33:24 CET 2014

Kojo Tero schreef op 20-3-2014 08:13:
> Thanks,
>
> I banned the spamming accounts. Someone had already cleaned the posts, thanks for that.
>
> Yes, we need more moderators, any potential names? I'm still too green on the forums to identify who would be a good moderator.
>
> Tero

I assume that this is the current list of moderators:
http://qt-project.org/groups/site_moderators/members/

I would at least like to invite some of the most active current members:
SGaist: http://qt-project.org/member/39728
qxoz: http://qt-project.org/member/13653

On the spamming: I would really appreciate a system where users under a
certain status level:
* can not set a URL as/in their signature
* will have postings with URLs in them to be automatically marked for
moderation and put in some queue with those, with the exception of links
to a small number of white-listed sites (Qt-project itself, stack
overflow and qt forum come to mind).

I simply can no longer keep up with all forum posts anymore. I used to
read almost everything, but now I only occasionally have time to read
more than just a few postings here and there. Having stuff to moderate
in some seperate queue would be beneficial. It should be easy and fast
for a moderator to dismiss postings in the queue as not spam though.

In theory the "report" link should make it possible for the community to
contribute here, but that does not seem to work well enough.

André