[Web] Empty flikr links on wiki page

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Sat May 10 08:58:25 CEST 2014

> Op 10 mei 2014 om 03:17 heeft Sze Howe Koh <szehowe.koh at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On 9 May 2014 06:03, Sayantan Datta <kenzo.zombie at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was revisiting the old hello world page http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_for_beginners_Hello_World when i found out that all the flikr links are not visible.
>>
>> A screenshot is here:  http://imgur.com/xNel4ZJ
>>
>> Can anyone fix the broken links. Thanks in advance.
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for reporting this. It looks like most of the pages linked from
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_for_beginners have lost their images.
>
> Unfortunately, the images have been deleted from Flickr, so we can't
> get them back. For now, I've simply left a note on the affected pages
> and linked to the official "Getting Started with Qt Widgets" page:
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/gettingstartedqt.html (there's an
> updated version at
> http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-release/gettingstartedqt.html
> -- this will replace the current page when Qt 5.3 is released)

I guess in the end it is the result of the policy that we can not upload images to Qt-project itself. That means all images in user-provided content are hosted externally, and may thus be removed at any moment. The images I posted are all on Dropbox for instance. The same happens in the forums.

André