[Accessibility] disable accessibility for some elements in QML

Gladhorn Frederik Frederik.Gladhorn at digia.com
Mon Jul 14 11:09:42 CEST 2014

Hi Pierre,

On 11 Jul 2014, at 17:25, Pierre Lamot <pierre.lamot at yahoo.fr<mailto:pierre.lamot at yahoo.fr>> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a mobile application for visually impaired persons. I am developing my application with QML on android (I also on iOS, but I only test the accessibility on android since it hasn't landed for iOS in the main branch yet)

iOS accessibility support is in the dev branch - which is Qt 5.4. Feedback is much appreciated there, but of course it required building Qt. I still need to implement rotation (currently everything works after rotating the device but visually VoiceOver will show the focus rectangle as it it wasn’t rotated).
But I bet there are rough edges that I’m not aware of.

I 'd like to know if there is a possibility to disable accessibility for certain elements, my issue is that I ends up with a lot of elements that are traversed as "pane” while navigating with talkBack.

This is strange, in general elements that don’t have Accessible.something set should not appear for TalkBack at all. Please try to come up with a small example that shows this behavior (it should be easy enough to just create a simple qml file) and file a bug at bugreports.qt-project.org<http://bugreports.qt-project.org> with GUI: Accessibility as component.

In addition to that Qt 5.4 introduces a new property: Accessible.ignored. When set to true an element will no longer exist for the purpose of accessibility. This may be useful when using for example Qt Quick Control’s Label element which by default is a text element but maybe should be part of a bigger UI element.

Greetings,
Frederik

thanks

Best regards