[Accessibility] QT accessibility roadmap.

Luke Yelavich luke.yelavich at canonical.com
Mon May 26 11:18:36 CEST 2014

Hi Folks,
Firstly I would like to introduce myself. I am Luke Yelavich, and am working for Canonical. I am somewhat involved with the ubuntu on phones project, aka ubuntu touch. This project is using Qt quite heavily. I am starting to ramp up work to make sure ubuntu touch has a good accessibility story going forward.

Whilst having a quick glance through the Qt QML accessibility code, I have noticed a few things that are yet to be implemented, particularly accessible object relationships. This got me to wondering whether there is any defined roadmap for Qt accessibility going forward, particularly with regards to QMl and implementing accessibility support there.

Thanks in advance.

Luke