[Accessibility] How do you run QT / QT Apps with a Screen Reader and Valgrind

Saether Jan-Arve Jan-Arve.Saether at theqtcompany.com
Tue Feb 17 13:05:44 CET 2015

Hi Steve
This was a fix for a crash, but it might very well fix your issue too: https://codereview.qt-project.org/106376

Fra: accessibility-bounces+jan-arve.saether=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org <accessibility-bounces+jan-arve.saether=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org> på vegne av Steve C <list15 at trumpton.org.uk>
Sendt: 15. februar 2015 10:49
Til: accessibility at qt-project.org
Emne: [Accessibility] How do you run QT / QT Apps with a Screen Reader  and Valgrind

In digging around within QT, I've stumbled across a lock-up scenario that only
exhibits itself when NVDA is running (bug reported).  Stepping through the
code, it looks like a response to a get attributes is being corrupted, and
looking at the code, I can't see where / how - in fact, if I step through the
code, it doesn't get corrupted!

I'm imagining that it is caused by a memory leak elsewhere.

As far as I can read, valgrind and windows don't work together, and wine and
NVDA don't work together.

My quesiton is: has anyone tried running a memory analyser with QT running
alongside a windows screen reader?  if so, how?

Thanks and Regards,

Steve