[Accessibility] basic accessibility in qt 5.4

verum nocte vernocte at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 14:21:03 CET 2015

Thanks you for your reply. Turns out I gave up just before reaching
finishing line. I installed nvda myself and accessibility worked on
development machine. I than realised that mistake must be at deploy - i
keep folder with all .dlls that needs to be added to .exe to be working on
other windows machines and when i want to deploy i just put in the
appropriate exe and it works (lazy me). Turns out those dll's vere from qt
5.3.2 while applications were build on 5.4. Everything worked no matter -
except for accessibility.

For further reference:
To make basic accessibility one needs to:
    -    #include <Accessibility> - (probably to .h file of any class with
ui)
    -    Write accessible names and accessible descriptions (later is not
necessary, but helps). This can be done ether through creator or
grammatically.
    -    Despite all (old) tutorials about deploying with
qaccessbilewidgets4.dll and stuff one does not need to add anything to
achieve accessibility when dynamically linking on windows. Currently
(2015-01-24) my basic folder (that works) looks like:

        application_folder
            platforms
                qwindows.dll
            application.exe
            d3dcompiler_47.dll
            icudt53.dll
            icuin53.dll
            icuuc53.dll
            libEGL.dll
            libGLESv2.dll
            msvcp120.dll
            msvcr120.dll
            Qt5Core.dll
            Qt5Gui.dll
            Qt5Widgets.dll

All the dll's exept for msvcp120.dll and msvcr120 are (for me) available in
Qt/5.4/msvc2013_64. Of course to achieve additional functionalities one
would need more than that, but just to work with nvda that is all one
needs. Awesome. It was too easy :):

One more curiosity i found when using nvda myself is that it recognizes
toggable buttons as radio buttons.

Regards!

Jurij