[Accessibility] Qt 5.4, improve voiceOver support for QLabel

Vincenzo Rubano vincenzo.rubano at icloud.com
Fri Mar 27 12:10:33 CET 2015

Hi all,

recently, I had to test the mac OS X port of an emulator that we should use for a project at university.

I’ve noticed a really annoying bug with QLabel. In fact, after reading the content of a QLabel, voiceOver speaks the word “text”. This is annoying for two reasons:
1. That word is used to announce a read-only text field, which of course is different from a label;
2. It adds an unnecessary information.

Is there any fix planned for this bug? If not, is there any workaround we could use in that emulator source code? We’re using Qt 5.4.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vincenzo.