[Accessibility] VoiceOver support for scrolling QML ListView

Leo Spalteholz leos at uvic.ca
Fri Mar 27 22:50:07 CET 2015

> On Mar 27, 2015, at 1:33 AM, Frederik Gladhorn <frederik.gladhorn at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
>
> On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:14:49 PM Leo Spalteholz wrote:
>> Does the VoiceOver support on iOS support scrolling in lists?  We haven’t
>> been successful in being able to scroll a ListView with the voiceover
>> gesture (three finger swipe).  Is there a trick to this or is it not
>> supported?  If not, any hints for where to look to add support for this?
>
> This is semi-supported, it is missing a bit of glue code.
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-41980
>
> I think the main issue for us is to figure out how much to move the
> flickable/list.
>
> You can work around it for now by moving the list manually.
> The Accessible property has these signals:
>    void scrollUpAction();
>    void scrollDownAction();
>    void scrollLeftAction();
>    void scrollRightAction();
>    void previousPageAction();
>    void nextPageAction();

Thank you very much.  This is great and in retrospect I should have found this!

The default on iOS is to essentially scroll one page down.  However this is often by row and you will get one overlapping row if it is a table view.   For example the first page will show Rows 1-10, while one scroll down gesture (3 finger swipe up) will show rows 9-19 (and it will announce this as well “Rows nine to nineteen of forty four”).   Will check what happens on Android.

Leo