[Accessibility] Please include QT accessibility as separate downloads

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at qt.io
Wed Nov 30 18:10:05 CET 2016

Hello,

I agree with most of the points in the email, but we chose a different route
to tackle the issues. Since Qt 5.4 accessibility is no longer a plugin bug got
merged into the normal libraries (gui/widgets/quick). This way it is no longer
possible to "forget" to deploy the accessibility libraries.

There is still one problem that may hit you: developers may configure Qt with -
no-accessibility to reduce library size or because they expect problems with
the accessibility code.

Another issue is Qt Quick. There it's generally easy to make applications
accessible, but due to the low level nature of the basic building blocks, we
cannot provide everything out of the box. When the Qt Quick Controls are used,
accessibility support is there, but for applications that use custom drawing,
we cannot do anything and the app developers need to set the right properties
to enable working accessibility.

Cheers,
Frederik