[Accessibility] [Yocto Embedded Linux Device] Help getting started with QT Accessibility

오벨레브라운슨 brownson at mobis.co.kr
Fri Oct 27 02:06:57 CEST 2017

Thanks for getting back to me Frederik.

To be honest, I haven't tried running the at-spi 2 service on any embedded
hardware. I don't see it as a problem conceptually though, it's something to
debug if it doesn't work. Note that it's not a Qt project and we only
implement the required dbus interface.
--> Yes, i agree that it should work conceptually. Looking forward to guide debugging this.

Another alternative could be to use Froglogic's Squish or use the DBus API
directly. I'll also answer you in private about services from The Qt Company.
--> I did evaluate Squish many months ago. It doesn't fit quite well with what we already have on ground hence the need to develop this. Will be interesting to try the direct DBus API approach too.

Will follow up with you on the QT approach first before looking at any other options.

Thanks again,
Brownson

________________________________
보낸 사람 : "Frederik Gladhorn" <frederik.gladhorn at qt.io>

보낸 날짜 : 2017-10-26 16:49:54 ( +09:00 )

받는 사람 : accessibility at qt-project.org <accessibility at qt-project.org>

참조 : 오벨레브라운슨 <brownson at mobis.co.kr>

제목 : Re: [Accessibility] [Yocto Embedded Linux Device] Help getting started with QT Accessibility

Hi Brownson,

On onsdag 25. oktober 2017 07.38.47 CEST 오벨레브라운슨 wrote:
> Hi Frederik,
>
> My name is Brownson and i'm the test automation development lead for my
> team.

> Our company is developing some new product lines, all running on embedded
> linux (yocto) with applications developed in QT.

> To enable me efficiently test the GUIs on these QT-based embedded linux
> products, i started looking at QT accessibility which led me to Frederik
> Gladhorn's blog (http://blog.qt.io/blog/author/frederik/).

> Although I have read most of the articles on that blog, i'm still not able
> to make much progress on my own.
> I have also reached out to QT Korea since
> i'm based in South Korea but they're not much of a help. I suspect they
> don't have much experience with accessibility either.
> So i need help getting started. For one, i observed that the at-spi2 service
> is refusing to start on my embedded linux system so i probably need to
> start from getting that resolved. Not sure exactly. I would appreciate some
> help and guidance and how to get started etc.

To be honest, I haven't tried running the at-spi 2 service on any embedded
hardware. I don't see it as a problem conceptually though, it's something to
debug if it doesn't work. Note that it's not a Qt project and we only
implement the required dbus interface.

Another alternative could be to use Froglogic's Squish or use the DBus API
directly. I'll also answer you in private about services from The Qt Company.

Cheers,
Frederik