[Android-development] Attempting a port to Android - Notes and Suggestions

Patricia Aas paaas at cisco.com
Tue Feb 26 10:06:17 CET 2013

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:52:44 +0100, Patricia Aas <paaas at cisco.com> wrote:

> D ) QGenericPlugin loading, Qt doesn't seem to find it and/or load it
> when
> I package it in libs.
> Now this did not work out of the box, and I ended up loading it myself,
> but after the round with QDeclarativeExtensionPlugin in C), I am hoping
> that setting the plugin path to libs would make this work out of the box.
> *fingers crossed*

For archive reasons (before I hack it to work and totally forget about it)
I will repeat here something I wrote on irc:

With regard to the QGenericPlugin issue :

The bug seems to be that in QFactoryLoader::update() in qfactoryloader.cpp
a suffix (generic/) is added to the path. And there are no subdirectories
in lib.

The suffix is set to /generic in qgenericpluginfactory.cpp

This is the same problem again - it requires a folder structure in lib

I guess you can make an issue for that:

* Not possible to load QGenericPlugins

--
Patricia Aas