[Android-development] Problems with statically built qt5.1 beta1 for android (Quick1)

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Mon Jun 3 13:58:18 CEST 2013

On Monday 03 June 2013 11:45:53 Imre Tarjányi wrote:

> However, I have another question related to the deployment mechanism. You
> mentioned that:
>
> "The default deployment mechanism in Qt 5 will bundle libraries without
> using Ministro."
> Do you mean the Qt libraries will be put into the final .apk file? Can I do
> that in Qt creator 2.7.1 now? If yes, how? ( currently the deployment of
> extra libraries is performed by 'adb' via simple file copy to
> /data/local/tmp/qt/ )

I'm not 100% sure about Creator version numbers, but you can bundle Qt
libraries in the apk with the latest packages, or with the current Creator
from git.

Since we did this in a patch release, it was not possible to add new UI
elements, so the user interface is not completely intuitive. Please see the
description at:

http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-2.7/creator-deploying-
android.html#deploying-application-packages

- Paul