[Android-development] Using Android action bar with Qt 5.1 for android

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Wed Jun 26 10:10:05 CEST 2013

On Wednesday 26 June 2013 16:49:35 Yuqing Zhu wrote:
> Hi theres,
>
> I've been trying to implement android's action bar in my Qt project without
> success. I used QMenuBar at first which showed android's option menu as
> exprected under both software and hardware button setting. When I used
> software buttons, the overflow menu button showed on soft button area. I
> tried to use QToolbar, but it just showed on the top of the screen, look
> just like a Windows toolbar, not a bit like android's action bar.
>
> My question is, Is android's action bar supported in Qt 5.1, if yes, what
> do I need to do to implement it in my project? Thanks.

We do not support the action bar in Qt 5.1. For now we have concentrated on
the features available in API level 10. Currently the only option is to write
the Java code yourself, and add the C++/Java interface code manually.

There are many things we want to improve for Qt 5.2 (which is why we call the
android port a tech preview). We are currently in the planning stage, and this
is valuable input to that process.

I have created https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-32002
to track this issue.

Best regards,