[Android-development] Qt Webkit

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Fri Mar 21 13:04:09 CET 2014

On 03/21/2014 12:54 PM, Andreas Gocht wrote:
> Hey there
>
> i wonder if Qt Webkit will be supported in qt 5.3 for android? I work on
> a project, i need to parse a websites, and it seams to be the best way
> to use Qt Webkit.

There is no plan by Digia to support Qt WebKit on Android, so this would
depend on someone else doing that work.

The plan for web content currently is to integrate with the native
WebView in some manner, since this is something we can provide a
cross-platform solution for which also works on iOS. It will mainly be
for displaying and interacting with web content though, not for parsing
HTML, and it will certainly come with some limitations. Another option,
which is not really decided on and more long-term is to support Qt Web
Engine, but since it's not possible to provide such an API on iOS it's
not the top priority at the moment. Neither solution is in Qt 5.3.

-- Eskil