[Android-development] Integrating Dropbox

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Wed Sep 24 19:57:28 CEST 2014

Hi,

Trying to include official DropBox Android SDK libs in my Qt project, I
ran into an issue where the app crashes at startup.

Logcat provides a hint:

W/dalvikvm(22608): No implementation found for native
Lcom/dropbox/sync/android/NativeLib;.nativeLibIsLoaded:()Z

shortly after uncaught exceptions cause it to crash and come burning down.

I think what is happening is that the DropBox java API is trying to
reload the libDropboxSync.so which is already loaded by Qt as it is part
of the
bundled_libs in libs.xml.  It is not prepared for the fact that the lib
is already loaded.

Is there some qmake magic or other voodoo that would bundle a lib in
APK's library folder, but would prevent Qt from loading it?

Like a variable that would blacklist the libraries not to be loaded by
Qt at startup?

Thanks,

Harri