[Android-development] Wallpaper Service Support

Steven A. White ARA/SED sawhite at ara.com
Wed Mar 7 06:30:11 CET 2018

I've been working on extending the Android platform plugin to support wallpaper services. For the most part this involves only changing the java files by copying the existing Service implementations and modifying them slightly to meet the requirments for a WallpaperService.

My current branch works, but only if I modify jnihelper.cpp to not wait for the semaphore  in QtAndroidPrivate::waitForServiceSetup.  I'm trying to figure out what it is that the Activity implementation for Android does to increment the semaphore (g_waitForServiceSetupSemaphore) so I can modify the Loader for WallpaperService to perform something similar and then hopefully push this up for review.