[Android-development] Where to download the older 28.0.3 Android SDK build-tools + setting androidBuildToolsVersion

Eddy Alleman allemaneddy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 20:47:33 CEST 2019

Hi there!

Today I made the jump from Qt5.11.1 to Qt 5.12.3 for my Android project on
Windows 10 and it works with a workaround.

I installed using the requirements summed up in the docs:

JDK >= 6 and < 8

No ANT

NDK latest

                (Note: Using Qt for Android with the GCC toolchain requires
Android NDK version r10e.

                For Qt 5.12 or later, use the latest available version of
NDK with android-clang toolchain.)

SDK > 25.3.0

For the SDK I downloaded from https://developer.android.com/studio/

"Command line tools" section

sdk-tools-windows-4333796.zip

Unfortunately this contains the 29.0.0RC1 Android SDK build-tools and we
need

androidBuildToolsVersion=28.0.3 to avoid a problem with the AIDL as
explained in this Qt Forum post:

https://forum.qt.io/topic/101322/what-s-the-problem-android-compile-error?pa
ge=1

Now the question:

1) does anyone know where we can download the older version that has only
the 28.0.3 Android SDK build-tools?

2) Or is there an easy way to change the setting in the environment instead
of in the project files for every project?

Every hint is welcome.

cheers Eddy