[Automotive] Getting started with automotive and qt

Aras Balali Moghaddam arasbm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 12:37:34 CEST 2016

Hello!
I have started designing an interface for an industrial vehicle. I am
planning to develop the UI in Qt and it will run using a Linux touch screen
computer inside the cab. I have a lot to do and a long ways to go, so I am
hoping to find an open source project to collaborate with and build on top.

In my search I came across Neptune project which looks promising. I cloned
this repo and tried building it, but I have not been able to run it
(missing executable). Will that project run on a 64bit ubuntu linux
computer?

Do you think Neptune would be a good project to look at as a starting
point. The things I am mostly looking for are a set of UI components that
are suitable for in vehicle use, integration with CAN, and I would like to
have one view that is an interactive 3D model of the vehicle.

Thank you for your great work with Qt and automotive. Please let me know if
I am on the right track here or not. Any advice or pointers would be
appreciated, as I am still at very early stages of this project.

Thank you!
Aras

ps: I just joined this list, so I apologize in advance if this is not the
right place for my question.