[Automotive] Getting started with automotive and qt

Dominik Holland dominik.holland at pelagicore.com
Sat Aug 6 10:17:08 CEST 2016

Hi,

the next thing is to execute the command line listed in the README.md

or with the Application Manager

        $ appman --recreate-database -c $AM_CONFIG_FILE -c am-config.yaml

where `AM_CONFIG_FILE` is the path to the Application Manager
`config.yaml` file (inside the template-opt folder within the
Application Manager delivery). The default `config.yaml` points to the
`/opt/am` folder. If that folder does not exists, make sure to update
the config.yaml settings to the corresponding paths.

Am 05.08.16 um 23:05 schrieb Aras Balali Moghaddam:
> It seems as soon as I make a bit of progress I get stuck with a new
> error. Now I am trying to run the neptune app using the following command:
>
> :seek: IODevice is not
> open                                                 [:0]
> [CRIT | am.system] ERROR: could not not seek to position 0 in the
> application database (/opt/am/apps.db): Permission denied

I guess you copied the /termplate-opt folder to your /opt folder ?
To make it readable from appman you need to add correct permissions to
the folder.

sudo chmod -R 774 /opt/am

> Interesting thing is that the file /opt/am/apps.db does not exist. The
> folder "opt/am" does exist though. What should I try next?

The apps.db is created by appman while scanning the application folders.

Dominik