[Automotive] Getting started with automotive and qt

Aras Balali Moghaddam arasbm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 00:49:49 CEST 2016

I got further by changing the permissions for the /opt/am folder as you
suggested. Now I am getting two new errors. Here is the command I am
running and the output:

$ sudo appman --recreate-database -c /opt/am/config.yaml -c am-config.yaml
[DBG  | am.system] Found Applications:
[                                                                 [:0]
[DBG  | am.system]  * APP: "com.kdab.keyboarddemo" (
"/home/aras/Projects/neptune-ui/apps/com.kdab.keyboarddemo"
)
[:0]
[DBG  | am.system]  * APP: "com.pelagicore.browser" (
"/home/aras/Projects/neptune-ui/apps/com.pelagicore.browser"
)
[:0]
[DBG  | am.system]  * APP: "com.pelagicore.movies" (
"/home/aras/Projects/neptune-ui/apps/com.pelagicore.movies"
)
[:0]
[DBG  | am.system]  * APP: "com.pelagicore.music" (
"/home/aras/Projects/neptune-ui/apps/com.pelagicore.music"
)
[:0]
[DBG  | am.system]
]
[:0]
[CRIT | am.system] ERROR: could not connect to D-Bus (): Failed to connect
to socket /tmp/dbus-M4yXecMpU8: Connection
refused
[:0]
[WARN | default] QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load
component                                          [:0]
[WARN | default] file:///home/aras/Projects/neptune-ui/Main.qml:65 Type
Display unavailable
file:///home/aras/Projects/neptune-ui/sysui/Display.qml:121 Type ClimateBar
unavailable
file:///home/aras/Projects/neptune-ui/sysui/Climate/ClimateBar.qml:79 Type
TemperatureLevel unavailable
file:///home/aras/Projects/neptune-ui/sysui/Climate/TemperatureLevel.qml:-1
Type ClimateService unavailable
file:///home/aras/Projects/neptune-ui/imports/shared/service/climate/ClimateService.qml:34
module "QtIvi.VehicleFunctions" is not installed

[:0]
[CRIT | am.system] ERROR: Qml scene does not have a root object

Feels like I am so close to getting this thing running. Any idea what else
I am missing?

Thank you!
Aras