[Automotive] Qt Automotive Suite dbus requirements

Robert Griebl robert.griebl at pelagicore.com
Thu Aug 18 22:20:18 CEST 2016

Hi Jereme,

On 18.08.2016 21:25, Jereme Lamothe wrote:
> Hey all. I'm curious about the dbus version requirement (1.8) when
> compiling the app manager, as this appears to be specific to the
> Automotive Suite and not Qt 5.7. Are there features I can disable in the
> app manager to negate the need for this requirement, and instead use an
> earlier version?

DBus 1.8 is not really a hard dependency, but I have seen so many evil
memory corruption bugs in versions < 1.8. Especially when using DBus in
multiple threads which we're not using yet - it will come though when I
finally have some time to rewrite the AM DBus adapter.

In essence - you can just remove the check for now and I might also
relax it to a big fat warning until we really need it to prevent memory
corruptions.

cu
Robert

--