[Automotive] QML Live: Extracting a shared library

Juergen Ryannel juergen.bocklage-ryannel at pelagicore.com
Thu Aug 25 08:30:32 CEST 2016

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your great contributions. Awesome.

There are several options discussed for the library.

Either the library is the minimal library I need to create a remote live reloading user interface or the library also contains everything none-visual to write your own live-reloading tool, e.g. a pure command line tool.

So the bench would just use the library and add UI on top. This would allow us later also to place a QtQuick user interface on top at some point. Please also bear in mind we want to separate the bench from the rendering, process wise by default in the future.

So as long we do not have a requirement to produce a very minimal library to be usable on a device target I would opt for placing everything none visual into the library and then later create a QML plugin wrapper around it.

For the physical library perspective, I would like to see the library to be something like a qt module and installed inside the Qt SDK so that other application will find it easily.

I hope this helps.

/ juergen