[Automotive] What is the proper process for building for release with appman

Aras Balali Moghaddam arasbm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 22:58:47 CEST 2016

Hi,
Sorry to bring this topic back up again, but after looking through the docs
over and over, I still can not build a package that I could install on
another machine. I am creating a package from inside my application source
folder:

`appman-packager create-package myapp.tar.gz .`

This creates a compressed file that contains all the folders and files in
the current directory and its subdirectories. I think that should be a clue
that I am running the apman-packager from the wrong folder, but where
should I run it from instead?

When I attempt to install the package with app using `appman-controller` I
get the following error:

```
:~$ appman-controller install-package myapp.tar.gz
Starting installation of package myapp.tar.gz...
ERROR: Could not connect to the D-Bus  for io.qt.ApplicationManager: (Not
connected to D-Bus server)
```

My development environment is 64bit Linux. My goal is to create a package
that I could take to another Linux machine and install it (without having
to build again on target device). Any help would be much appreciated.

Aras