[Automotive] What is the proper process for building for release with appman

Robert Griebl robert.griebl at pelagicore.com
Wed Oct 12 13:58:37 CEST 2016

On 11.10.2016 22:58, Aras Balali Moghaddam wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry to bring this topic back up again, but after looking through the
> docs over and over, I still can not build a package that I could install
> on another machine. I am creating a package from inside my application
> source folder:
>
> `appman-packager create-package myapp.tar.gz .`
>
> This creates a compressed file that contains all the folders and files
> in the current directory and its subdirectories. I think that should be
> a clue that I am running the apman-packager from the wrong folder, but
> where should I run it from instead?

Seems like it's doing exactly what it should do... see create-package at
https://doc.qt.io/QtApplicationManager/appman-packager.html

> When I attempt to install the package with app using `appman-controller`
> I get the following error:
>
> ```
> :~$ appman-controller install-package myapp.tar.gz
> Starting installation of package myapp.tar.gz...
> ERROR: Could not connect to the D-Bus  for io.qt.ApplicationManager:
> (Not connected to D-Bus server)
> ```

What it says - the appman-controller cannot find the appman's D-Bus
interface. Most likely you started the appman with --dbus none.
I'll improve the error message a bit though.

cu
Robert