[Automotive] native apps & IPC

Jereme Lamothe jlamothe at docboxinc.com
Tue Oct 11 23:58:27 CEST 2016

I'm attempting to get IPC working between the application manager and a
native app. Per the documentation, I must re-implement the client side.
I've written a C++ class to encapsulate the QDBusConnection /
QDBusInterface I need and have deployed it as a plugin, allowing me to test
the code in a QML app (launched by the application manager). This test
worked, and I've confirmed that a dbus message from the QML app is received
by the system UI / app manager. However, using this same code in a native
app results in a "No such object path" error (sent by the appman process,
are not available immediately after connecting", I've added a 5 second
timer between connection and constructing the QDBusInterface, but to no
effect.

My question is, have I missed a step in re-implementing the client? I'm
only creating a single QDBusInterface for my "com.DocBoxInc.Example" (path:
"/ExtensionInterface/com_DocBoxInc_Example"), do I also need to connect to
the ApplicationInterface & RuntimeInterface(s) for the /ExtensionInterface
path to work?