[Automotive] What is the proper process for building for release with appman

Aras Balali Moghaddam arasbm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:51:48 CEST 2016

Hi Robert,
I have read that documentation several times now. There is no example in
the documentation and it is not clear what appman-packager actually does.
Can I create a `.deb` or an `.apk` package with this tool? But most
importantly, my question was: *where* should I run appman-packager from?

> Most likely you started the appman with --dbus none
No I have never used that option before. Like I mentioned in my previous
email, the command I executed was in its simple form: `:~$
appman-controller install-package myapp.tar.gz`

I know that part of this pain is my lack of experience with the qt
development workflow. But to be honest, the documentation is really lacking
context. It is very difficult for new people to get started. I am sure that
is not your intention.

Thanks!
Aras

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 4:58 AM, Robert Griebl <robert.griebl at pelagicore.com