[Automotive] appman IPC communication from System UI to app?

Eiche, Aaron aeiche at jaguarlandrover.com
Thu Sep 15 00:18:23 CEST 2016

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to implement IPC via appman (
http://doc.qt.io/QtApplicationManager/qml-qtapplicationmanager-applicationipcmanager.html)
in one of our projects. I've managed to get communication going from one of
our apps to our System UI, but I haven't been able to figure out how to
implement the opposite direction. I would like to be able to make the
System UI send information to an application.

Am I missing something obvious here? Is there a practical reason why this
isn't already implemented (some other method of accomplishing this) or it's
a bad idea?

thanks
-Aaron E.

--
*Aaron Eiche*
Javascript Developer

*T:* +1.971.256.9731  |  *M: *+1.503.334.9164

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
JaguarUSA.com <http://www.jaguarusa.com/index.html>  |  LandRoverUSA.com
<http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/>