[Automotive] appman IPC communication from System UI to app?

Robert Griebl robert.griebl at pelagicore.com
Thu Sep 15 15:33:13 CEST 2016

Hi Aaron,

On 15.09.2016 00:18, Eiche, Aaron wrote:
> I've been trying to implement IPC via appman
> (http://doc.qt.io/QtApplicationManager/qml-qtapplicationmanager-applicationipcmanager.html)
> in one of our projects. I've managed to get communication going from one
> of our apps to our System UI, but I haven't been able to figure out how
> to implement the opposite direction. I would like to be able to make the
> System UI send information to an application.
>
> Am I missing something obvious here? Is there a practical reason why
> this isn't already implemented (some other method of accomplishing this)
> or it's a bad idea?

This IPC is a 1:n remote-object connection between the system-UI and apps.

You register a QtObject on the system-ui side an then:

  - every property will be synced between all apps and the system-ui,
regardless of which side changes the property
  - every signal you emit on the system-ui side will be also emitted in
each app as well
  - calling a function from an app will actually execute the function
within the system-ui.

cu
Robert

--