[Automotive] appman can not start applications

Sanchez, Jack jsanche4 at jaguarlandrover.com
Thu Feb 16 22:33:23 CET 2017

Hi Aras,

Since you are running Ubuntu, the system dbus session is probably getting
in your way.

Are you passing the --start-session-dbus flag to appman?

Best,

On 16 February 2017 at 13:27, Aras Balali Moghaddam <arasbm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am trying to statt applications within my main app and get the following
> error:
>
> ```
>
> [WARN | default | qml-launcher] QObject::connect: No such signal
> org::freedesktop::Notifications::NotificationClosed(uint,uint) in
> qmlapplicationinterface.cpp:128 [qobject.cpp:2282]
>
> [CRIT | default | qml-launcher] ERROR: could not connect the
> org.freedesktop.Notifications interface via D-Bus: [
> qmlapplicationinterface.cpp:132]
>
> [CRIT | default | qml-launcher] ERROR: could not connect to the
> application manager's interface on the peer D-Bus [main.cpp:397]
>
> [DBG | am.wayland] waylandSurfaceCreate QtAM::Surface(0x70ccf00) (PID:
> 24414 ) QMap() [windowmanager.cpp:698]
>
> ```
>

> I noticed someone had the same issue here a while ago but there was no
> reponse. If I understand correctly I am missing D-Bus dependancy and that
> is somehow preventing appman from starting new apps. Is this the problem?
> Is there a workaround or solution?
>

> I am using Qt5.8 on Ubuntu 16.04.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Aras

*Jack Sanchez*
Lead Qt Engineer

*M:* +1 503-608-8282
*E: jsanche4 at jaguarlandrover.com <jsanche4 at jaguarlandrover.com>*

*Jaguar Land Rover, 1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, Oregon, 97209, USA*
*jaguar.com <http://jaguar.com/>  |  landrover.com <http://landrover.com/>*

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose.  The information is private and privileged
and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail us immediately.  We
apologize for any inconvenience caused but you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.