[Development] Who does what in the Qt Project

quim.gil at nokia.com quim.gil at nokia.com
Thu Dec 1 23:53:23 CET 2011

Since we are a meritocratic organization it is important to know who does what. Currently it is difficult (if not impossible?) to know the whole picture.

Please help mapping everybody with an official Qt Project role at https://wiki.qt-project.org/Who_does_what and linked pages.

Maintainers: I was glad to discover today that https://wiki.qt-project.org/Maintainers has been offering the full details in plain text for a couple of weeks. Thank you! Ideally names would be linked to profiles (should we use the wiki profiles or do we have a better alternative?).

Approvers: is there a way to know who is an approver? It would be also useful to have a rough idea of what approvers are interested in a specific component. And link to profile again.

What about the infrastructure? Marius Storm-Olsen seems to have the only official role. It would be useful to map all the areas and roles under that critical piece of the Qt project, with the same level of detail than the software maintainers.

And then, what about all the rest? Under https://wiki.qt-project.org/The_Qt_Governance_Model#Contributors you can find some roles implicitly mentioned that would lead to think we have people in charge of roadmap, QA, documentation, releases, design, events, community, support...

The maintainers list has already empty spots clearly identified in yellow as "Needs Maintainer". It would be useful to have identified empty spots the Qt Project wants to see filled. Now it is difficult to know what is being covered (but undocumented) from what is completely missing (but desired).

--
Quim