[Development] QtQuick becomes a separate module

Kent Hansen kent.hansen at nokia.com
Fri Dec 2 16:27:30 CET 2011

Den 02. des. 2011 16:13, skrev ext Charley Bay:
> <snip, Kent upcoming patch changes>
> Den 02. des. 2011 09:33, skrev ext Kent Hansen:
>
>     > Hi,
>     > See https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-22889
>     >
>     > Once http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,9948 goes through CI,
>

>  This seems like important info, so I made a page on the wiki:
>
> https://wiki.qt-project.org/Transition_from_Qt_4.x_to_Qt5
>
> Is that wiki location the proper place for such things?
>
> Feel free to move it or correct me as needed.
>
> --charley

If, as a colleague suggested, we say that the Qt5 before this change was
actually Qt 4.99, that would indeed be the correct place. ;)

But this change affects only those who had started to adopt Qt5/QML2.
For QtQuick1 (Qt4) users, the correct change is to add "QT += qtquick1"
(uhm, but that might actually be renamed to "quick1") to their .pro
file, and then use the fixqt4headers.pl script in qtbase/bin to update
the includes.

By the way, the suggestion on the table was to abuse fixqt4headers to
also support updating these "Qt 4.99" includes
(QtDeclarative/qquickitem.h => QtQuick/qquickitem.h, et al).

Best regards,
Kent