[Development] QtNetwork changes from QtDD SF 2011

Peter Hartmann peter.hartmann at nokia.com
Tue Dec 6 12:24:11 CET 2011

On 12/06/2011 12:32 AM, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> (...)
> The cache, however, could be an issue. Imagine I do a get() from an auxiliary
> thread, one that the QNAM and the cache are not affined to. The implementation
> would need to read from the cache in one thread and make the data available to
> the user, in the QNetworkReply, in another thread.

Another interesting thing to note is that AFAIU with WebKit 2 there can
be multiple web processes per application, all using the same cache (and
cookie jar), so we would need to make the cache usable by several
applications at the same time.

Maybe Webkit people can elaborate or know how other ports do that...

Peter

> This would, however, make a "clean" solution.

Qt Developer Days 2011 – REGISTER NOW!
October 24 – 26, Munich
November 29 – December 1, San Francisco
Learn more and Register at http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2011