[Development] QtNetwork changes from QtDD SF 2011

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 6 16:40:45 CET 2011

On Tuesday, 6 de December de 2011 12.24.11, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> Another interesting thing to note is that AFAIU with WebKit 2 there can
> be multiple web processes per application, all using the same cache (and
> cookie jar), so we would need to make the cache usable by several
> applications at the same time.
>
> Maybe Webkit people can elaborate or know how other ports do that...

That's a slightly different problem. With WebKit 2, we have different processes,
so different instances of QAbstractNetworkCache. The problem then is not to
make the class be thread-safe, but to make the cache methodology be multi-
process-safe.

For example, you cannot use QMutex. You need to make it safe against another
process reading or writing to the cache at the same time without using the
normal threading primitives.