[Development] What about including serial port support component to Qt?

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Tue Dec 6 16:23:02 CET 2011

On 06/12/2011 06:47, ext lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> support for serial ports makes sense as a Qt add-on, and I'd be a great
> addition to Qt and the Qt project.
>
> The legal requirement for adding it at qt-project.org is that the
> contributors (looks like that's you and two others) sign the contribution
> agreement (see http://qt-project.org/legal.html).

Actually, signing that agreement is for future contribution. For moving
an existing project into Qt Project, there needs to be signing of a
separate CLA, based on the same Contribution Agreement, but with extra
wording to cover the previous work done in the project.

The the proper process to handle project migrations is coming together,
and we should have it up and running soon.

--
.marius