[Development] Indicating Maintainers & Approvers on IRC

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Thu Dec 8 23:25:03 CET 2011

On 08/12/2011 13:27, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 de December de 2011 17.04.09, marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
> wrote:
>> So, I propose that
>>       Chief Maintainer + Maintainers +
>>       Infra. tools Admins get Op status (@ prefix)
>>       Approvers get Voice status (+ prefix)
>>
>> Or maybe there's other suggestions?
>
> Approvers are already given voice status and they have the right to op
> themselves in case of trouble. There's no distinction made to maintainers.
>
> The channel admins are given admin rights, to be able to add maintainers. No
> one is given auto-op.

Well, that's a scheme you came up with on your own. I don't recall any
discussions on that :)

Anyways, my suggestion was just an idea on how to make the voice/op
feature _useful_.

It's not like we actively use voice/op for anything on our channel
anyways (except ops sometimes block clients for a bit when their ISP
connection goes haywire and floods the channel will part/join messages,
but you are a maintainer (and founder) Thiago, so you'd still be able to
do that ;))

--
.marius