[Development] Indicating Maintainers & Approvers on IRC

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 8 23:50:51 CET 2011

On Thursday, 8 de December de 2011 22.25.03, marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
wrote:
> > Approvers are already given voice status and they have the right to op
> > themselves in case of trouble. There's no distinction made to maintainers.
> >
> > The channel admins are given admin rights, to be able to add maintainers.
> > No one is given auto-op.
>
> Well, that's a scheme you came up with on your own. I don't recall any
> discussions on that :)

Yeah, 'tis true. I changed it on the launch date. And the channel admins are
the same as they've been before.

> Anyways, my suggestion was just an idea on how to make the voice/op
> feature _useful_.
>
> It's not like we actively use voice/op for anything on our channel
> anyways (except ops sometimes block clients for a bit when their ISP
> connection goes haywire and floods the channel will part/join messages,
> but you are a maintainer (and founder) Thiago, so you'd still be able to
> do that ;))

You're also founder.

The only time I've needed to use my Op abilities was to ban some people using
the Nokia proxy that time out every 5 minutes and reconnect, flooding the
channel with joins/quits.