[Development] New QtonPi mailing list

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Fri Dec 9 00:02:27 CET 2011

On 12/08/2011 02:14 PM, Storm-Olsen Marius (Nokia-MP-Qt/Austin) wrote:
> Are you sure you want another mailing list for something which simply
> just another platform?

... and the coordination of at least 400 owners of a Raspberry Pi with
Qt 5. See what is growing at
https://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi/Device_program/Accepted

See also the first emails at
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qtonpi/2011-December/date.html
Most mentors and participants subscribed to the QtonPi mailing probably
don't have a specific interest in following the development of Qt itself.

> I mean, we don't want QtonMac, QtonWindows, QtonLinux, QtonAIX,
> QtonMeego, QtoniPhone, QtonAndroid, QtonBlah, since it separates general
> discussions. Sure, there will be some discussions which are platform
> specific, but most people can filter that, if they are not interested in it.

Not sure, depends on each project. When the mailing list is the only and
transparent channel of communication for developing the project itself
you do generate traffic. Imagine for instance all
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/necessitas-devel/ landing in
development at qt-project.org - not really useful.

> Unless the discussions on QtonPi is purely about the platform and
> getting that suitable for Qt, and not Qt development discussions in
> general, I would rather that you use the normal
> development at qt-project.org list. If it's only for the former, I'll bud out.

Everybody agrees that Qt 5 development topics go here. I plan to direct
to the DevNet forums any questions related to pure Qt app development.
Still, we expect a decent volume of QtonPi project development topics
not fitting really anywhere else.

--
Quim