[Development] New QtonPi mailing list

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri Dec 9 16:38:20 CET 2011

> Not sure, depends on each project. When the mailing list is the only and
> transparent channel of communication for developing the project itself
> you do generate traffic. Imagine for instance all
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/necessitas-devel/ landing in
> development at qt-project.org - not really useful.

I personally prefer this modularized and focused on a topic. Meego had
its own way for project communication, too. I have not seen too much
Maemo and Harmattan discussion here either. They also had their own
forums for this.

On a side note for parallel examples, the linux kernel, KDE and gnome
also have many separate mailing lists for a variety of development
topics. :) I think boost also has project specific mailing lists.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp